Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christian Radio Rock?!

(More use of mockery to make a point in a memorable way, like Elijah etc.  Clearly I don't believe that it's bad to mock things, so long as they're bad things.)  

For some reason today when someone on Facebook linked me to a video of Christian music about how AWEsome it is to be in church with other church people doing church stuff, I clicked upon it. After hearing the first part of it, for some reason I then decided that I just HAD to record an all-new song I would write in that style today, to try out all my new equipment. I did all this this afternoon. It has two acoustic guitars, two distorted electrics through a tube amp, two shakers, two tambourines, a bass guitar and a bunch of very raw voices trying to sing at the top of their range. I think it sounds fairly like church/Christian radio music. I used the traditional four-chords-hit-song chords. It is possible my B.C. Rich Warlock is rocking a little bit TOO much for the (Christian Radio ear candy) genre.

I don't normally try (unsuccessfully) to sing like Nickelback's stinkmerchant Chad Kroeger, but apparently it is part of doing this right. Careful listeners will notice this song is, true to form, much less a holy tribute to Jesus than it is wholly about the fictional song-writer's paying tribute to (idolizing) his own wonderful wisdom in making a wise choice for Jesus, his playing a role in his kickass Christian community, and above all things, his own magical BELIEF, which is why Jesus loves him to begin with (Jesus loves him because he believes in Jesus instead of the other way around). Turn it up real loud and believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear your very own worship song.

Wikkid Person said...

Is that a challenge? I tend to write psalm-like stuff. You know: stuff that explores darkness and doubt.