Saturday 10 July 2010

1977 Star Wars figures

These figures look pretty ineptly made today, but back in the day, they rocked my world.  When my father forbid my buying them, because "The Force" sounded like it could be the force of Satan, or certainly something one could learn from the Eastern philosophers, this only elevated them to being pure magic.




To buy them nowadays (the original ones) is prohibitively expensive.  What I found is that if you buy a big bag of them on eBay, they are suddenly a lot cheaper, so long as you don't care that they're not in their packaging.  This is a scan of two big bags I bought on eBay.  I go through them and pick out a few favourites, and then resell them, at slightly more than I paid for the original, unpicked-through lot, at a store down the street.









These are most of the ones I'm electing to keep.  For some reason I'm most proud of the "Sebastian Shaw resurrected ghost Anakin Skywalker instead of Hayden Christensen digitally superimposed over Sebastian Shaw thirty years after the film was made" figure.

No comments: