Sunday 29 March 2009

Earth Hour

I had never heard of Earth Hour before, but someone told me about it at school, so I turned off all the lights and stuff, lit up a bunch of candles, got the guitar out and sang a bunch of my old songs.

Also this weekend, I read Watch You Bleed:The Saga of Guns N' Roses.  I found it fascinating, and can't believe they actually got famous, given how messed up and clueless they were at the time.

As an experiment, I've been reading my online news each morning, first from the BBC, and then from the North American papers (which are kind of interchangeable).  I've been watching to see kind of stuff doesn't get reported in ours.  So far, a car they have designed in India which sells new for just under $2000 USD, and the fact that the Chinese government, not content with censoring and filtering their citizens' access to the Internet by a giant firewall, has been hacking into computers in all the surrounding countries, and into the Dalai Lama's computer to try to cause him grief.  Not really newsworthy stuff, I guess.

I took a trip in the heavy, cold, grey rain to record Mindy, this time trying out some piano, and beatboxing to her singing.  Then it was off to the folks' house.  The niece and nephew were in fine form, so a lot of rough-housing ensued.  Things like a one-year-old walking around with his grandpa's rubber boot stuck on his head like a giant hat.

Then home to mix some of the music.

No comments: