Sunday 7 September 2008

Grey, Damp, Boring Angry Weekend Of Hate

I went home and visited my family Friday night for my sister's birthday.  I didn't get any cake, though, because my niece went to bed, and it was to be served up the next day, when I wasn't there.  My mom was thinking of serving it up anyway so I'd get some, but my sister protected her own child's interests by saying it was "more important that she get to enjoy a birthday than that he does, because she's younger."  Or possibly my mother said that and my sister was trying to give me some cake.  I forget and it doesn't matter a bit.  Some nice chats were had. 
   All weekend long it rained and was grey and cold.  And no one phoned.  And nothing much happened.  I got into a hating mood and hated for most of it, and wrote a hating song listing a bunch of sorts of people and things that I hate and felt a bit better for a bit. 
   Sunday was "make mundane things slightly better" day.  I made a budget to keep better track of my money, rather than continuing in the "it all goes, and where it goes is a mystery" strategy.  I played Russell Brand's entire Ponderland TV series while I took down many boxes of junk and sorted through them and tossed out a lot of junk.  I washed dishes.  I updated my websites for my classes at school.  I slept a lot.  I paid bills online.  I edited video of my niece when she was a baby to put toward the video project I'm making.  
   I took a long, angry walk at 2am when it briefly stopped raining.  I read.  I cleaned my desk.  I watched some episodes of Angel, which I haven't watched for a few years, and now remember what I liked about it (a lot, but identified too strongly today with the "what's the point of trying to do good?" theme of season 2) I bought groceries. I cooked things.  I sent a couple of flippant, pushy emails to people and clearly annoyed them. 
   And I found an envelope of my collected 90s concert tickets.  I went through them and made entries on this blog on the dates that I attended the concerts, even if they happened in 1993, and wrote about them as I remembered them.  Now it's like this blog has existed for fifteen years.

No comments: