Friday 9 May 2008

Phone calls

Sunday B called, but I was watching Iron Man, which I really enjoyed, mostly due to Robert Downey Jr.'s performance.  She said she'd try again Monday evening, or perhaps Tuesday.  She did not.    I called her Tuesday night, and she said she was watching American Idol and could she call me afterward?  I said yes, and she did not.  Then her husband (who is working out of town and hadn't been talking to her) phoned me, so we talked.  It would have been good, except he was too tipsy to follow the conversation.  We still talked late into the night, so I was tired at school the next day.   He felt bad about phoning up and not being able to follow the conversation due to his inebriated state.  So, tonight, I phoned my friend his wife, and she didn't answer.  I got off the phone, and without consulting with her, he, feeling badly about the previous night's conversation, decided to call me and have a sober one. We did.  New versions of songs were played into the phone, theology flung about, anecdotes swapped and so on, until I was too hungry to sleep and needed to eat so I could sleep so I could get up tomorrow, which will be hell.

No comments: