Sunday 17 February 2008

Wet Sunday

Today I was determined to mix some songs. Instead I napped, watched an ungodly amount of comedy (the episodes of Never Mind the Buzzcocks with Noel Fielding filling in for Bill Bailey, and standup by Jimmy Carr and Dara O'Briain, which I heartily recommend, if you like not being offended by offensive stuff) and fought off a strong urge to drive back into the city to get a controller so I could play my Nintendo 64. N64 controllers are basicly junk people will give your for free from their basements, so driving into the city and paying $20 for a brand new one didn't appeal. Eventually I got very tempted and restless, and it started to freeze rain (like "it started to rain" except the rain was freezing like the candy shell on an M&M over everything it hit). When driving down the incline of my parking lot, my car slid down the bottom half of it sideways. Hitting the gas a bit pulled it under control a bit, in a way that braking certainly didn't.

I drove to the grocery store and got groceries, as that needed to be done, and it always makes me feel good to not have an empty cupboard. Intending to watch the new Knight Rider, having a great deal of trouble believing it won't be the most embarassing thing on television since, well, Knight Rider 2000, made in the early 90s, casting our imaginations far ahead to the distant future of the year 2000, in which police would chase criminals in 1992 Chevy Berettas, while a failed Pontiac design of a red, algae powered stupid car with chips missing because they were inplanted in the head of a girl ,went around Seattle not being able to count.

Troy MSNed that he is watching the Knight Rider movie on some cable channel from a different time zone, and that it's not as bad as we expected. Like a lot of people, I want to see what it's like to have Val Kilmer doing the voice of the talking car. Kilmer is always amusing. Joel hopes there are Wendy's commercials, or at least a product placement shot with Hasselhoff eating a Wendy's burger with his shirt off.

Meanwhile I am caught firmly between cabin fever from doing nothing, and really not wanting to do anything.


No comments: