Monday 28 January 2008

Weekend of Wonder

Last weekend Troy had one of his LAN parties. I met cool new people, played a whole lot of Rock Band for the 360 (I was "the singer" on many songs I'd not normally tackle, like Nirvana and Black Sabbath stuff, which was awesome), ate ungodly amounts of a staggering assortment of junk food, drank some of the Strongbow's Cider in the keg, had energy drinks, played pinball, discussed ancient console games and saw some played, talked, and generally hung out. D was in town, and played the "Phantom Menace" pinball machine Troy has (one of four pinball machines in the basement) and this is why, mixed in with the annoying and continual Jar Jar voical samples the machine has, D's quite credible Jar Jar impression was heard, said things like "MEEsah suck ASS!" as he played. It was all very fun, but I'm feeling very Ecclesiastes lately: "I spent time in the company of my friends, yet our hearts communed not, neither did our thoughts touch each other; I toiled until my soul was weary with working, yet no man looked upon my labours, neither did they bear fruit; yeah, and I spent time in celebration and feasting, yet everything was vanity and pursuit of the wind. All is waste, and vexation of spirit. There is nothing new under the sun, and all things move on apace, whether a man set his heart to do good or no." (that's me writing my feelings in the style of the Book of Ecclesiastes by Solomon)

No comments: