Friday 7 January 2005

2005!

It's the New Year and I'm still trying to get full-time work, pay bills, find ways to not be alone all the time, and buy DVDs of old TV shows that I like. Haven't worked on my album for a bit. Need to get back at that. I find when I slack off for months on that, when I get back to it I'm full of ideas. I did record a surprisingly good demo of a song that is not on the first album (it's on the second one). The weekend before Christmas was spent in a lovely apartment in New York with most of my favourite people in the whole world there. The latest DVD was Magnum, P.I. Season One. My buddy told me "Magnum P.I. is a show about a guy in his thirties that was shipped off to Vietnam and never had an adolescence, so now he's having the perfect one. Hot car, girls, great place to live, and no bills or responsibilities. He doesn't own anything and is broke all of the time, but he has this perfect adolescent fantasy of a life." I think he's right. Here's a pic of me with my niece:

No comments: