Sunday 19 September 2004

At Both Ends

After burning the candle at too many ends for my first week of school and getting sick (I'm told this is a common thing for all teachers in their first week back at school) I had to convalesce last weekend, with Tylenol, vodka with lemon juice and Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons", a fictional novel, based on facts about the Vatican and the Illuminati. This weekend, I wrote a summary and interpretation of the biblical Creation story in Genesis for the book I am writing, hung out with the cat, played with the new TV and gas pedal in my arcade cabinet and watched a M*A*S*H* Season Two DVD set I picked up at the pawn shop where I got the TV. I took two trips to that shop because the first TV I got (a 27") was only slightly too tall to go into my cabinet, so I had to return it and get a smaller one and make up the cost of the cheaper, smaller TV in merchandise. That was a heavy TV to carry up and down stairs! The 20" that is now in the cabinet is adequate. I suppose a 25" would be ideal. I would love to hang out and nap on the couch with the cat, but I promised to pick up people and bring stuff to band practice. I will have to cut practice short to get my school planning done before my newly-prompter bedtime.

No comments: