Saturday 2 August 2003

more music recorded

I finally got down to it and did some more recording on a song of mine called "Digging For Pride." It has a ridiculous number of different vocal and instrumentparts, and is fun. The idea was that the music would be extremely happy, but that the words would be the most alienated, angry, frustrated ones ever. The big question, therefore, was "How does one sing these angry words with such a happy song?" I could sing them in a happy voice, or I could try to convey anger. I was trying to convey anger by singing loudly and angrily, and more and more lately I find my voice is annoying when I do that. I have to sing more intensely and quietly to get the right effect. So the instrument parts are pretty much done (except for a dodgypiano part I can't quite play perfectly) and a fairly good vocal is down, but I could probably do with re-singing it and redoing the piano. The part inthe middle of the song sounds a lot like there are Muppets doing the backup singing. Is that bad?

No comments: