Saturday 26 July 2003

Adam rocks the house

Many years ago in 1997, I started recording an album that was to be called "Peter the Slaughterer"(it still isn't quite finished, and is now called "The Story of PeterGrey".) I hung out a bit with the sound engineers Chris, Adam and Mike. After the studio closed down in 1998, my album sat dormant until I started work on it again in 2001. I got an email Wednesday from Chris in Montreal (he works at Musique Plus, French Canada's answer to MTV) telling me that Adam was having a CD release party with a live performance at Café Dekcuf (spell it backwards if you don't get it). I went, and it was like stepping right back into 1997. Everybody was there and we all had a great time. Adam was entertaining. A girl threw a "thong" style pair of turquoise panties on the stage, so he wore them as a headband for a song. Adam did his "movie ad" voice and said things like "In a world of wonder and hardship, only THIS AUDIENCE can drink enough beer to marinate in." I reacquainted myself with various musicians, learned what gigs theyhave coming up that I could go see, got emails and URLs and took pictures of the show for Adam#2 the bass player, who was playing a 12-stringbass.

No comments: